Monday, June 25, 2007

Adventures in Sewing- and a crib...

I took my first sewing class over the weekend. I wanted to learn how to make something from a pattern and how to sew by the rules. Great 2 hours- killed the back- can't do it again until post baby- but look what I made!

It is the tote sitting inside the new crib which I helped put together by sorting screws. Beautiful white crib, with no scratches, please stay that way.

Anyhow, the tote- it is linen, which I plan to use a lot more of. I decided on natural for the outside and blue for the inside and the cell phone pocket you can kinda see on the side. That was my very own idea, the cell phone pocket.

Big things planned for today including the weekly doc visit to test baby and me and returning some stinky goods to Pottery Barn Kids. I spent $90 on three cloth bins for the baby's room and got them home and they smelled like they had taken a long bath in chemicals. So, I washed them and now they smell worse! Yuck- Pottery Barn will take them back, or else...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've seen the bag in person...once again I am impressed by The Tava's craftyness and patience.