Thursday, June 7, 2007

I got tagged.

Oh No! I was tagged for the MeMe game and now I have to share 7 random facts about myself. Let me know if I shock you! Long post so buckle down...



1. I still sleep with a blanky. This is because when I was 6 my mom stole my blanky from my bed in the middle of the night and disposed of it. I barely recovered. She told me that someone called the "Blanket Lady" comes in the middle of the night if kids don't stop sucking their thumbs and steals their blankies. This lead to frantic blanky searches many nights, until one night the evil "Blanket Lady" actually came. One of my good friends felt so bad for me she bought me another blanky a few years back and I haven't let go of it since. Can you say regression? Thanks mom...



2. I stare at my dog constantly. I think everything he does is so cute. The way he lays, the way his eyes look, his pretty red eyelashes. He is just so innocent and different than us and it's fun and interesting to watch. If this is weird then tell me but I probably won't care. I catch myself saying "look at Ishii" about a hundred times a night to my husband. But he loves to watch Ishii too so he doesn't mind.



3. I majored in Philosophy at Seattle University and find the subject fascinating and not at all confusing or difficult. That logically leads to a career in real estate right? No.



4. I am a total dork and love a few dorky things. Not shocking is it? But I actually really love Disneyland and Harry Potter, this is no act. They make me happy and bring me back to a place that makes the world seem somewhat bearable when you see all the suffering around us. The Harry Potter theme park that was just announced is actually one of the highlights of my year.



5. I hate housework, yard work, cleaning, cooking, etc. I don't get joy out of these things at all. No sense of accomplishment is found in these tasks for me. I do get a sense of joy from paying someone to clean my house and seeing it all sparkly- or paying for a great meal and really enjoying it. It just never looks right when I do it. My paternal grandmother actually asked my husband why he was marrying me. I would much rather be in Disneyland.



6. On my TiVo is: Law and Order SVU, House, Bringing Home Baby, Craft in America, Oprah, Desperate Housewives, Grey's, Good Eats (hoping to learn to love cooking- not working), Planet Earth, Miami Ink, Flip That House, Chimps: So Like Us, House Hunters, Fatal Attraction. It is full right now. My point... I love TV and I am not looking forward to having it off all the time when there is an impressionable baby running around. But I will. At night my husband and I say "What are we doing tonight?". The literal translation of this is "What's on tv?".



7. I stopped eating meat when I was 12. That is when we got Tootsie, my first dog, a dachshund. I loved her and was stunned by her range of emotions and how important she was to me. I couldn't imagine eating her and so I stopped eating animals. It seemed unnatural and still does. And that was also the beginning of my self education on animal rights and the suffering of animals. Well, if we all knew where our meat comes from we would have A LOT more vegetarians in the world. So, thank Tootsie for changing a 12 year old and altering the direction of her life forever.

And now I am tagging Nora of Out on Paper, Tanja of Once Upon a Time, Amy of Good to be Girl, Lauren of the Pretending to Farm blog if she reads this, Jessica of How About Orange if she reads this, and who else?.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tava!!! Kind of fun, wasn't it? I should have mentioned on my MeMe thing that I still sleep with a stuffed animal - a rabbit/bear named Violet. She even went to the hospital with me last year!

Unknown said...

That was a really good blog. it cracked me up.

Kim said...

Totally can relate to the blankie thing. My dad did the same thing to me. My mother gave it back to me a few years ago. I was 37 years old. I don't sleep with it anymore, but I'll probably be buried with it.