Monday, July 23, 2007

Goodbye Good Friend

I stayed up till 5am finishing the book last night. By the time I was 40 pages away from the end I was seeing stars (literally) and even looked over my shoulder for dementors (dark hooded figures from the story). Probably a sign that I needed more sleep...

I can't even describe how great this book is, just like all the others. I will have to read it at least 2 more times to take it all in. Without giving things away I will say that the book takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions and is much more mature than any of the previous books. I even had to ask my husband what a few words meant! The characters are done so much justice and the story is so rich. I will give it another week and then I might post on the details (with a SPOILER warning preceding any such details). I am not left wondering what happens to anyone. I feel like the end was whole and meaningful.


I just want to thank Jo Rowling for sharing such a wonderful story with the world. I am too tired to feel the full loss that is the end of this world of Harry Potter but I am sure the sadness will set in when I allow myself to think of it (after a few more hours sleep). Perhaps labor will finally come and spare me the thought of no more Harry...

3 comments:

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book. I can't wait for my turn! Here's to labor starting. I remember with my first I woke up at 2 am sure I was in labor. It initially felt like a real bad case of menstrual cramps. I showered, put on makeup, and got to the hospital by around 6. They promptly tried to send me home but I refused and after a short walk, I was 5 cm dilated and their mouths were agape. Remember, you knwo your body better than anyone else. Be proactive in your delivery and care! And keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I cried WAY too much reading this book. My kid made fun of me! I liked the ending but Zoƫ and Helen didn't - can you imagine that?! I thought it was a nice way to end but they didn't. Silly children. ;-)

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

The book is done; my life with Harry is over. I am in definite mourning. Sob and sob some more. I did love it though.

So woman, what in the world in going on with you? Baby? Bueller? Bueller? Give me a clue, woman, pullease!