Sunday, July 8, 2007

Seriously Crazy Harry Potter Knitting Party


That's how us 9 month pregnant people get rowdy- we go to Harry Potter knit night at our local yarn stores. Mine is the Village Yarn and Tea- the place to see and be seen.

We had so much fun. Above is the HP display. Here (below) is my Harry Potter Wizards Hat knitted from a pattern out of Charmed Knits. Loved the hat but could have done without hand stitching the black boning onto the black knitted hat with black thread. Took FOREVER!

We even made Butterbeer and Hagrid's Rock Cakes. Here we are eating Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans by Jelly Belly. I think Deb had just sampled Rotten Egg flavor when I snapped this. Those other ladies are some of my most favorite knitting friends. We laughed so hard I almost went into labor. How Jelly Belly captured true vomit flavor in a jelly bean I will never know. It was unbelievably believable and sick. My trick was to bite it in half and smell. To chew the bean was a death wish.


This is a splendid bib that Deb made for me- well, for the baby. Most obviously, the "H" stands for Harry.

You probably won't see me out on the party circuit again until the Harry Potter release party- should I make it that far without a baby.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sad to have missed the shindig! Btb Smudge made me bleed - I was protecting Thai from her crack headedness.