Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quick Tip on Going Organic


Since strawberries are in season and many people buy them in droves I thought I would share a great post I found on a blog called Everyday Simplicity. I like the name.

This post gave a list of the top 12 foods to always buy organic and the 12 that have the lowest pesticide rate, therefore making them the safest to buy non-organic. Strawberries are one that you want to always buy organic!

3 Sweet Bell Peppers
4 Celery
5 Nectarines
6 Strawberries
7 Cherries
8 Pears
9 Grapes - Imported
10 Spinach
11 Lettuce
12 Potatoes

1 Onions (Least Contaminated of the entire list)
2 Avocado
3 Sweet Corn - Frozen
4 Pineapples
5 Mango
6 Asparagus
7 Sweet Peas - Frozen
8 Kiwi
9 Bananas
10 Cabbage
11 Broccoli
12 Papaya



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this. I sent it on to a bunch of my friends.

deb